- This event has passed.
Yoga for Healthy Hormones with Lynn Jensen
June 28 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
June 27, 9 am to 5 pm
Yoga for Healthy Hormones
What does yoga have to do with your hormones? Plenty! Just about every yoga pose you do has an impact on the hormonal (endocrine) system in your body – making yoga a fabulous way to support this system and keep your hormones healthy. With focus and intention, we can use our yoga practice to keep our hormones balanced, and to help address common symptoms of hormonal imbalance.
How do we recognize when our hormones are out of balance? The symptoms of hormonal imbalance make a long and varied list, including: insomnia, fatigue, mood swings, irregular monthly cycles, PMS, low back ache, low libido, thyroid imbalances and weight gain, fertility issues, poor immune function, hot flashes, anxiety, depression, and blood sugar imbalances, among others.
How can yoga help? If any of these symptoms sound familiar, you are not alone. Many people have come to accept these kinds of symptoms as almost “normal” – just the way things are. But in fact, they can all be linked to hormone imbalances. By choosing yoga poses that work to balance the entire endocrine system, as well as poses that target specific glands in the endocrine system, we can help to bring the hormonal system back into balance. When the hormones are balanced, many of these symptoms are reduced or alleviated. By doing a targeted daily yoga practice, we can improve our sleep, boost our energy level, help regulate our cycles, improve libido, and make us less moody, just to mention a few possible impacts.
What will you learn?
- Be able to recognize symptoms of hormonal imbalance
- Understand what causes hormonal imbalances
- Get an overview of the endocrine (hormonal) system, and understand what each gland is doing for us.
- Why is the parasympathetic nervous system important, and how can we activate it in our yoga practice?
- How to choose yoga poses and practices to relieve symptoms and address specific hormonal imbalances.
- How to do a daily yoga practice that helps with all-around hormone-balancing.
Lynn Jensen, E-RYT, RPYT, MBA
I have been teaching yoga in Seattle since 1997. I am a registered
yoga teacher through the Yoga Alliance, and a member of the
International Association of Yoga Therapists. I am also a registered
Prenatal Yoga Teacher. I developed my Yoga for Fertility program in
2002, after going through my own challenges with fertility. Since
then, I have been offering several Yoga for Fertility classes each
week, as well as retreats, workshops and teacher trainings. To date,
there are over 1,500 “graduates” of my Yoga for Fertility programs,
who are now busy parenting.
Early Bird is until June 15: Rp. 500.000
Regular is after June 15: Rp. 600.000
Terms and Conditions:
- Price is in Indonesian Rupiah
- Payment with Credit Card is subject to 4.5% transaction fee
- To pay by Bank Transfer, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org